Fighting irrationality with irrationality since 2006.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Being Pat Neshek

Neshek finally got called up to the Twins a few days ago and has pitched at least once. You should check out his website for a couple good article about what it's like getting the call to the Show. My favorite non-baseball-related part:

After BP was over I was informed that I inherited the Orange Spongebob Squarepants backpack/rollaway bag from Willie Eyre. From this day on I have to fill up the bag with beverages and goodies and wheel the bag out to the bullpen. The only time I will be fulfilled of this duty is if another bullpen member with no MLB experience comes up.


And this was interesting:
The one difference with the balls from AAA balls is the leather. MLB balls are a lot finer quality leather and a little tougher to get a good grip on.


Could that explain why the International League is such a huge pitchers' league?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home