Fighting irrationality with irrationality since 2006.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dear Time Warner Rochester,


There is this small sporting event in June....


“Hey, you mean Bills minicamp! I think I read a Leo Roth column about that involving bubbling walls of testosterone...”


No! I mean an actual sporting event. The World goddamn Cup, otherwise known as The World's Most Popular Sporting Event will be happening in June, and Disney has taken the unusual step of showing every game live in HD on ESPN, ESPN 2, and ABC.


”Awesome...”


Not so fast; even if I subscribe to digital cable with the additional sports tier, I can't get ESPN2 in HD, where half of the matches will be televised.


If you are out there, please help a brother out. I will call and subscribe tomorrow if you add ESPN2HD.


Thanks,


Brian

2 Comments:

Blogger WD to Evers to Chance said...

This is seriously hilarious (to me). I mean, Time Warner in Rochester has the infulstructure and the agreements in place to offer ESPNHD, right? So how much harder/more expensive/more difficult would it be to add ESPN2 HD?? My money is on "not hard." It might even be on "we're just doing this to piss off Brian." Which IS funny.

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

They have already established ESPN uno as the pay tier for HD, so at worst, they could add the deuce and charge a couple of extra bucks a month for it. It shouldn't take a radical miracle.

6:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home